Pages

Thursday 16 April 2015

New In Beauty

I have gone a little bit wild shopping these past couple of weeks, I worked out that the last time I had a proper shopping trip was a year ago, so this is well overdue. I do find it quite difficult shopping in Australia and I'm definitely opting for more of a pared down beauty routine and wardrobe these days so my shopping habits have changed a lot. My shopaholic days are well and truly over, especially since we have a wedding to save for and I really want to plan some travels too. These are all things I've been after for a really long time so I'm really excited to have finally picked them up.
































Lush Rehab Shampoo. This one is a repurchase, I used this shampoo religiously for a while in London when I had extremely damaged bleached hair, and loved the scent and the soothing affect it has on my scalp. I've been suffering with a really dry, itchy scalp and nothing I've tried has been helping but this seems to be really soothing. It smells really fresh and a tiny amount lathers up really well, I'm so glad I finally have this back in my life.

Lush Sea Spray. I had to pick this up to try because I've been loving the Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray, and this one is literally a third of the price. I will most likely do a review once I've tried it a few more times, it seems to work in a similar way to the Bumble and Bumble alternative but the scent is much stronger and a very 'Lush' smell.

Daily Make Up Brush Cleaner. I was so excited when I saw that Sephora had opened on Pitt Street. I can't remember the last time I visited a Sephora, this one is huge and I couldn't wait to have a look through to see what brands they stocked. I've seen people talking about these daily brush cleaners but I've never tried one so I look forward to testing this out.

Ole Henriksen Pure Truth Melting Cleanser. This is something I've heard so much about from one of my favourite Youtubers BelledujourNYC and also Fleurdeforce but I've never seen it in a store before so as soon as I saw it I knew it was coming home with me. I will do a post dedicated to this cleanser as it's unlike anything I've used before and I love it. I really recommend giving this a try if you haven't already, especially if you're a fan of citrus scented cleaners like I am.

Essie, Bordeaux. I haven't bought a nail varnish in probably about a year, and my nails are really healthy and strong at the moment. I rarely paint my finger nails, working in hospitality and manicures really don't go hand in hand but I'd like to make an effort when I have time off. I've painted my toenails in this colour and it's so shiny, and with a topcoat hasn't chipped in 2+ weeks so I'm very happy.

Maybelline full and soft Mascara in very black. When I heard this mentioned on Tamira's blog and Youtube channel I couldn't wait to pick it up, I have stayed loyal to L'oreal Telescopic mascara and I was ready for a change. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet, the big brush is hard to get used to after having used the Telescopic skinny brush for so long, but I will say it gives my lashes a soft fluttery look.

Rimmel Exaggerate lip liner in West End Snob. Recently there was a 40% off make-up offer in Priceline so I decided to pick up some lipliners, I've never tried Rimmel ones before but I've been so impressed by the two I've picked up. This one is a quite natural pinky colour and looks great with Mac Brave, I feel so put together when I can be bothered to apply liner and lipstick!

Rimmel Lasting Finish lip liner in Natural. This one is the more nude out of the two and is a perfect match for Mac Blankety, so I managed to get perfect matches for both of my favourite lipsticks by accident which is pretty great.

 photo Scan29_zps22ea7d95.jpeg

1 comment:

  1. I have to say that my big spending days are over too. While I do love a good shopping spree every now and then, I much prefer to save my money for experiences, the big ones being holidays, as well. I think it's nicer to have products that you really love and are of a good quality than having an entire box full of products you never really even get to. I am such a fan of Sephora's makeup brush cleaner and use it on a daily basis (that is, when I remember!) it's a lot better to clean brushes frequently rather than sitting down on the weekend and doing them all for an hour! Interested in the LUSH sea spray as well. I love the way my hair looks when I have been at the beach so I might just have to give it a go. A bit curious what makes shopping in Australia so hard? I would think they have lots of places to pick things up at?

    Rae | love from berlin

    ReplyDelete


Back to Top