Pages

Tuesday 31 March 2015

Mother and Son Portrait Session

This was my first mother and son photo shoot and it was for a good friend of ours Karli and her beautiful son Bailey who wanted some lovely photos for around their Sydney beach home. We hung out for an hour or so at Shelly Beach in Manly and I photographed the two of them playing in the sand, watching aeroplanes and just generally having quality time together. I really wanted the images to feel as natural as possible, and although I am shooting most of my By Katie-Jane work on digital I am adding film filters in post to give them that soft, grainy look which I love. 



 





































I can do some more posts about the film filters which I'm currently using and also photography tips if anyones interested, I have a degree in Photojournalism so documentary photography is really where my heart is. I encourage my subjects to laugh and play as they usual would and I just snap away. 

I loved the colours and tones in all these shots with the greens coming through in the background and sand in the foreground. I like that the subjects aren't looking into the camera all the time so they really have that documentary feel (why look into the camera when there are much more interesting aeroplanes flying past?!) 

Black and white shots seem to be favourites with my clients, they really give that warm grainy vintage feel which is popular at the moment. They also look great in rustic frames around peoples homes. It can be difficult to try to emulate the kind of grain, contrast and warmth that you get on black and white film when shooting in digital, but I've been really trying to hone my photoshop skills and I'm pleased with how these came out. 

 photo Scan29_zps22ea7d95.jpeg

1 comment:


  1. Very lovely post dear:)
    xoxo Antonella <3

    ReplyDelete


Back to Top