Pages

Wednesday 11 February 2015

Home-Made Granola (Gluten-Free, Vegan, No Refined Sugar)

I've been desperate to make my own granola for months now, but I was struggling to find the time, it took a rainy afternoon and a burst of energy and I have produced my first batch. It honestly took a lot less time than I had anticipated and is really delicious. The great thing about making granola from scratch is that you know every single ingredient in the finished product and you can tailor it to your personal taste, also it's way more affordable then buying the ready made kind from the supermarket.







Ingredients
3 Cups of Whole Raw Rolled Outs
1 Cup of Chopped Nuts (I used pecans, cashews and walnuts)
1/2 Cup of Sunflower seeds
1/2 Cup of Sultanas
2 Tablespoons Honey
2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Pinch of Salt

Preheat the Oven to 250°C, combine all ingredients in a big bowl with a wooden spoon.
Use 2 trays, put down a baking sheet and spread the granola mix across them, bake until just golden brown and leave to cool. Store in an airtight container. 

It really is as simple as that! I love that you can make it a little bit different each time, and I wasn't careful with the quantities I just threw it all together really quickly and it came out perfectly. I would really recommend this as a nutritious and cost effective breakfast and it makes the house smell amazing when its baking. Making things from scratch is never as difficult as you might think, there are no nasties such as preservatives or emulsifiers and no added sugar! 

 photo
Scan29_zps22ea7d95.jpeg



No comments:

Post a Comment


Back to Top