Pages

Friday 16 January 2015

Nars Sheer Glow

This is a product which is impossible not to have heard about if you're interested in make-up and beauty. It is raved about on both blogs and youtube and is a product I've been wanting to try for years now. I bought my bottle of Nars Sheer Glow from Mecca Cosmetica and it's in the shade Fiji, which is a good colour match for my skin tone. I've had the foundation for 3 months now and I'm still sitting on the fence about whether I would repurchase this product or not. 



























I really wanted this to be my dream foundation, after hearing everyone saying it gives the perfect dewy complexion with medium coverage along with great staying power, but I'm not sure that I would agree with all these comments. It does have great staying power on my skin, but this isn't something I tend to have a problem with. The coverage, I would personal describe as a medium to full coverage, and is a little heavier than what I tend to wear on a day to day basis. Now if I had discovered this foundation 5 years ago I know I would have loved this, as I used to wear a much heavy base, but now I'm much more into build-able lighter coverage foundations, like my favourite, Mac Face and Body


With regards to the finish, I suppose it is semi-matte, but it's just not glowy enough for the look I like to attain these days. I would wear this on it's own in the evening when I prefer a heavier coverage with lots of highlighter to add that dewy look, and in the day I wear this mixed equally with my Mac Face and Body and a pea size amount of Mac Strobe Cream just to lighten it up on the coverage front and add more glow too. I think I will try Nars Tinted Moisturiser next as maybe this will be more of the lighter coverage which I prefer. 

 photo Scan29_zps22ea7d95.jpeg

No comments:

Post a Comment


Back to Top