Pages

Sunday 9 November 2014

October Favourites

October was a pretty amazing month for me, Robbie and I went back to the UK to visit my family, it was Robbie's first time in England so it was a really fun trip. Robbie and I got engaged so I've had a smile on my face permanently and the most beautiful ring on my finger. Since I've been back in Australia I haven't managed to have any days off so our holiday seems like its well and truly in the distant past now and I'm dreaming of our time off together over Christmas.  My favourites this month include quite a few new things I've picked up in the last couple of months so here they are!



1. Bumble and Bumble Thickening Shampoo and Conditioner, I was so excited to try my first Bumble and Bumble products after having heard so much about them in both beauty blogs and on Youtube. I have only really ventured into high end haircare in the past year so I'm slowly trying out all the products I've had my eye on. I picked these up when I discovered the Mecca Cosmetica in my local shopping centre and I've really enjoyed using them. The consistency is great and a little really does go a long way so they're definitely worth spending the extra money on. They make my hair feel lovely and thick and very clean so I will definitely be trying more products from Bumble and Bumble.

2. Nars Sheer Glow in Fiji, this is another product I picked up from Mecca Cosmetica and another product I've had my eye on for a very long time. I am really impressed by the look this creates on my skin, the perfect medium coverage with a dewy finish. The colour is quite yellow but that's what I usually go for in a foundation as it counteracts the pink tone in my skin perfectly.



3. Rimmel Just Let It Go Eye Make Up Remover, I picked up this product from Boots whilst I was in the UK as Anna recommended it on one of her youtube videos. It removes any eye make up easily and is definitely comparable to the Clarins eye make up remover. It's a real bargain and I would definitely recommend it.

4. Mac Strobe Cream, this is a product I've owned for a while now so really I'm trying to use it up but I'd forgotten how amazing this is as a base for make up. It really makes my skin glow and feel lovely. I've heard the ingredients are good for your skin too so it's definitely a product I will repurchase.


5. Aveda Brilliant Emollient Finishing Gloss, this product was a gift and is something I've owned for a while but have never really got around to trying out. This has been a god send this month as I've been trying to stay away from hair straighteners to help my hair's health and growth and it's really kept the frizz at bay and given a good shine to my hair. It doesn't weigh my hair down or make it sticky either so it's a winner in my books. 

6. Mario Badescu Facial Spray, yet another purchase from Mecca Cosmetica, I really am going to have to stay away from there or my bank account will not be looking to healthy. This is a product I first saw on Audrey Kitching's Instagram, I'm a huge fan of hers and I was intrigued by the brand. I love the brands ethics and the minimalist packaging. It's my first facial spray and I use it to tone after cleansing and also to set make-up, it makes my skin smell amazing and feel super soft and I really enjoy using it.


 photo Scan29_zps22ea7d95.jpeg

No comments:

Post a Comment


Back to Top