Pages

Friday 13 June 2014

We all have the same holes in our hearts

It's been almost a year and a half since I posted on here, and a lot has changed,

I left London at the end of October last year, disillusioned with my life there and really needing a change of scenery. I chose to fly to Sydney, here are some of the first photos I took when I first arrived here.





(you can see more of my observations on my flickr)

After having a slightly rocky start to my stay here, I quickly learnt the importance of positivity which is something I've really valued since I've been here. I soon realised that I wasn't in love with the city or the area I first moved to, but after meeting Robbie, just 10 days after I arrived and moving to the Northern Beaches less than 2 weeks after that I fell in love with this area of Sydney, and my Australian man of course. I quickly realised that whilst I was looking for love in London, these things come when you least expect it and you have to embrace it and I haven't looked back since.




I've since learnt the importance of focusing on your own personal happiness, which isn't measured by success in your career, money or material possessions. Since moving here I've been the happiest I've been in 5 years or more, I am only just beginning to move forward with my career, after taking 6 months off to focus on myself, I've obviously been earning a lot less money than when I was in London. Until recently I was still living out of a 20kg suitcase, which for someone who is used to 3 wardrobes and copious amounts of shoes and make-up was surprisingly refreshing.





I've also changed the name of the blog, which I felt was necessary as I feel as though I've changed a lot since I started posting here. The title of the blog, and of this post, are lyrics to a song which has become pretty meaningful to me and I just think the lyrics are amazing.



Anyway, I feel like this post was important to give some incite into where I am now and whats going on, if you follow me on instagram you will already have seen what I've been up to! I'll be writing about things that interest me on here, still style and fashion but I will also be sharing the odd beauty post as well as recipes and of course, lots of photos. I'm pretty excited about the rebirth of this blog and reconnecting to my lovely followers!

 photo Scan29_zps22ea7d95.jpeg

No comments:

Post a Comment


Back to Top